- Each entry must incorporate the theme of Local Heroines.
- From the time of submission, entries become the property of the National Youth Foundation and will not be returned.
- All students must be in grades K to 8 and live in the United States.
- Both the text and art must be solely created by the students. Typed text is preferred, but not required.
- One book entry per person.
- Each submission must include one page of art for each page of text, except for the cover, back and dedication pages. The back and dedication pages are optional.
- Each book must be between 20 and 30 pages. The cover, dedication and back pages do not count towards this number
- The book entry must be postmarked by January 8, 2021.
- An entry form must be submitted with each book entry (Click here to download form)
- Individual entry forms must be signed by each student participant and their parent or legal guardian.
- Students can work individually or in teams (maximum of 22 students).
- The book must be submitted in the order of publication.
- The pages should be numbered on the back in light pencil.
- All pages must be submitted on 8 ½” x 11″ or 9″ x 12″ paper.
- Mail your complete entry to: National Youth Foundation, 873 East Baltimore Pike, Box #644, Kennett Square, PA 19348
- The winners will be announced on our website on or before March 26, 2021.
The National Youth Foundation Congratulates Nakiyah R., Serenity M., Aliyana O., & Janyia N. on winning the 2019 AWE Contest!